Easy peasy potato salad
This is the perfect recipe for the children to get involved with once you have harvested your potatoes.
Once cooked, simply provide pots and an assortment of healthy ingredients like, chopped peppers, spring onions, sweetcorn and let the children decide what they want to add to their own pot. Very simple and easy and a great way to get children eating veg.
- 4 new potatoes per person; cooked cooled and chopped in half
- 1 tbsp of dressing; mayonnaise, salad cream, creme fraiche or olive oil
- Pick 2 or 3 of your favourite ingredients from the following:
- ham pieces, cherry tomatoes halved, pine nuts, tuna chunks, chopped spring onions, raisins, cooked bacon pieces, cucumber cubes, chives, slices chorizo, sweet corn, mint, cheese cubes, red peppers chopped, lettuce leaves, grated carrot, spinach leaves.
1 mixing bowl, 1 spoon
- First wash your hands.
- Chose your favourite ingredients, ready to be added.
- Put your cooked potatoes into a bowl, and add your chosen ingredients.
- Stir carefully making sure not to break up your potatoes.
- Now carefully stir in one of the suggested dressings if desired.
- Finish and enjoy!
For a tastier salad, add more ingredients. Meat or other ingredients can also be added, e.g. ham, cooked chicken or hard boiled eggs can be added to the salad.
To change the flavour of the salad, why not add dill or different herbs, e.g. coriander.