25 - 30 mins
1 medium sized jacket potato per person
- Toppings of your choice
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C/ Gas 7.
- Put a baking sheet onto the upper middle shelf.
- Prick each of the King Edward potatoes three times with a fork.
- Put them onto a plate and cover them. Microwave the King Edwards on the highest setting for 10-15 minutes. The insides should be soft.
- Cut a cross in the top of each potato. Put them onto the baking sheet in your oven for 10 minutes to crisp up the skins.
Choose the right potato.
You’ll want to use fluffy potatoes to get the most out of your jacket potatoes, like a Maris Piper. Fluffy potatoes usually come in larger sizes and are the best for conjuring up that lovely light consistency you want from a jacket potato.